background

July 31, 2010

Sweet Saturdays, Special Sundays

I love the weekend - no school rush, and usually if you have plans they are fun ones like picnics!
I love that the mornings start with all six of us smooshed into our bed. Lots of cuddles, lots of wrestling and lots of noise! And always a few casualties - me getting head butted in the face by Bella, Jed screaming when Bella tried to remove a clump of his hair, Dad getting winded when he copped a set of knees in his ribs, and Bella getting swiped in the face by a Dad that was running out of hands to keep all of these boys at bay - and that was all before 7.30am!

I love that my boys were full of joy and excitement for the whole time their cousin Max was here for a sleep over (and lots more wrestling!). And when we went to drop him off at Grandma and Grandpas house, what was to be a quick visit turned into a wonderful trip back to my childhood. The kids started arm wrestling and before I knew it, I was on the floor face to face with Mum. Through fits of giggles we took each other on - if you can make her giggle enough you can beat her every time! Dad still plays the same game, lets you win for a bit then takes you out! And my brother still flogs me! Was so much fun, wish I had taken my camera - there was lots of grimacing faces and giggles!

I love lazy Sundays when my Rhyan decides to do something special for his kids. One rope, one tarp, a few pavers, and 5 minutes later they had a fabulous tent to play in.
And the fun started!


Look, I got them all in one photo! Does not happen often!


Love these ones of Bella and Rhyan!


And me, I just get to soak it all in, holding back the ever present tears of complete amazement - I get to be their Mum - how lucky did I get.


And then you realize it is past lunchtime!


Another great weekend...perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Jenna, what beautiful sentiment! This brought tears to my eyes. The simple things make such wonderful memories......I LOVE KIDS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through blog hopping! Wow! Your cakes are beautiful as is your family! So nice to see mom and dad hanging out with the kids! :)

    ReplyDelete